June 9, 2019
2019 Cheerleading - Clarifying some MISCONCEPTIONS
At the conclusion of last season, it was determined by the Board of the Mustangs that a cheerleading committee had become necessary in an effort to continuously improve our program. The committee has been diligently meeting over the past couple of months to prepare for the upcoming season, and the pre-existing leader of the cheer program has been invited to those meetings.
We ask that all parents of the program understand and trust that our intentions are to continue to grow and improve our program in a manner that promoted inclusiveness in our community. If you hear something that concerns you, please do not hesitate to contact us. At this time, we feel that is imperative to dispel numerous misconceptions that have been circulating regarding the upcoming seasons.
1) Opening Day has been cancelled.
• This is not true. Opening Day will be Saturday, September 14th, 2019
• The Flag & Town Cheerleading Program will perform a professionally choreographed Cheer routine.
• The Travel Cheerleading Program will perform a Professionally Choreographed Cheer routine.
• The Senior Cheer Team will perform a Professionally Choregraphed Cheer routine
• The Rain Date for Opening Day is Saturday, September 21st, 2019
2) There is no Cheer Show this year
• This is not true. There absolutely will be a Cheer Show this year
• The Cheer show will be in October, at an exact date and time to be determined
3) The Board of the Mustangs will be running all cheerleading operations in 2019
• This is not true. The Cheer Committee that has been assembled reports to the Mustangs Board in and oversight and advisory capacity.
• As the season approaches the Cheer committee will be requesting assistance from our existing volunteers to make this season a resounding success with improved communication, with input from Cheer Moms, Cheer Coaches, Parents and Cheerleaders.
• As has been the case in the past, volunteers are needed to make the program successful.
4) Cheer Moms are being replaced, and girls may be “kicked off” their existing teams
• This is not true. It is the committee’s hope that ALL existing cheer moms remain involved and move up with their present squads.
• Likewise, cheerleaders will not be forced off their existing squads. While, it’s true that we are asking each registered player for their preferences for the upcoming season – this does not mean that players are registering to be on specific team. All registration data, including requests, will be considered when teams are selected. This does not happen at the time of registration.
• All existing travel and town Cheer moms will be contacted within the next few days requesting attendance for a group meeting to discuss any questions, concerns or ideas for the upcoming season.
In addition to the information above, you will also see improvements in the following areas:
• Online Registration: On-line registration is now the same as registering for football. It is user-friendly, and saves time. It also enables us to have full contact information for each player and volunteer. We can keep our cheer families updated through Sports SignUp Play at the same time as our football program, thereby eliminating the gaps in communication and timely sharing of information in case of game cancelations, changes of venue for a game, etc. We also ask your T-shirt sizes, so we have the information and can place the order for the Dri-Fit t-shirts at the beginning of the season.
• Mustang Cheerleading Apparel: The new 2019 Mustang apparel online store will online in the coming weeks. Check our website for the link to an amazing array of products! No more waiting in lines!
• Uniform Distribution: uniform distribution will be done in a more efficient manner in 2019.
As you can see, we are committed to improving the program to make it great for everyone - just as we have done with our football program for the past 61 years.